If you’re constantly on the move for work or you want to enjoy the simplicity of working with two screens wherever you go then buying one of the best portable USB powered monitors will make your life much easier, increasing your productivity too.
Two screens are definitely better than one and once you start using two it’s difficult to go back to one. You get more workspace to perform tasks and if you’re a blogger like me, two screens is crucial for researching while writing.
While the concept of portable monitors is relatively new, there is a wide variety of popular brands providing high quality usb powered monitors.
Today we’ve gone out to the market to find out what’s available for every budget and compiled them into our buyers guide for the best portable usb powered monitors.
Checkout the our list of the best portable USB powered monitors, have a play around and see what works for you. As the portable monitors are powered by USB they will work with any Windows or Mac OS laptops or mini pc’s.
Best Portable USB Powered Monitors
The editors choice award for best portable usb powered monitor goes to AOC with their E1649FWU 16 inch usb powered monitor. This is a reliable monitor with an ultra-thin LED LCD display which requires no additional power.
Checkout the features of the AOC E1649FWU USB Powered Monitor below:
- Powered by USB, requires no additional mains power supply
- It is a 16” (15.8” viewable) display featuring a 200 cd/m2 brightness level
- Powered by USB 2.0 technology (works on all devices)
- It comes with a foldable flexi-stand, allowing portrait or landscape view
- The ultra-slim design is perfect for taking in your laptop bag
- It is compatible with all the Operating Systems from Windows XP upwards.
If you’re looking for something a bit more fancy then the GeChic portable monitor is something to consider. It comes with a 13.3 inch multi touch screen, perfect for collaboration on the go.
Weighing only 900 grams and only 10.5mm thick, it’s the perfect travel monitor for every occasion. The monitor provides three display angles─ 72°, 62°, and 53° for adjusting according to your height.
This is also a USB powered monitor that requires to additional power source allowing you to connect to all Windows XP upwards and Mac OS devices, as well as tablets, games consoles and smartphones. By default it connects to DisplayPort, HDMI and VGA Inputs.
The 1303i has a Full HD resolution with support for up to 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080P). Also featuring 700:1 contrast for extra clarity and vivid colors.
Additional features of GeChic 1303i Portable Monitor are:
- 13.3″ TFT IPS LCD(16:9 wide) LED Backlight
- You will face minimal lag when you connect it to your laptop, due to the HDMI chipset
- The monitor is plug and play, no drivers needed
- Can be used in both landscape and portrait modes
- Press OSD buttons to adjust 6 colors separately or select 5 color modes
- It also works great in Kiosk mode, let visitors interact with the monitor.
Another powerful portable monitor by AOC is the e1659Fwux Pro which features an impressive 16 inch display. This is full HD resolution with a resolution of 1920×1080 with a 300 cd/m2 brightness.
Powered by USB there is no requirements to connect to an additional power source. Improved for 2017, it has a new and improved sleeker design and faster connection speeds.
Features of the AOC e1659Fwux Pro include:
- Faster transfer rate with added support of USB 3.0 technology
- Glossy black design with 15.6 viewable screen
- Offers full hd, 1920×1080 resolution with a 300 cd/m2 brightness
- Foldable flexi-stand allows landscape or portrait in an auto-pivot mode
- Compatibile with all Windows and Mac OS.
ASUS don’t like to be left of the latest technology and their MB168B is definitely their best portable USB powered monitor. When it was first released it was the world’s thinnest portable monitor. You’ll experience a fast and fluid picture quality thanks to the powerful USB 3.0 connection.
The 15.6-inch MB168B portable USB-powered monitor needs just one USB cable for both its video signal and power to deliver up to a 1366 x 768 HD resolution. What’s more, the MB168B is backwards compatible with a notebook or desktop PC USB 2.0 port.
Features of the ASUS MB168B+ Portable USB Powered Monitor are:
- It is sleek and ultra-portable with a Zen-inspired design
- It is one of the world’s slimmest and lightest USB powered portable monitors
- It comes with an auto-rotating display which is bundled with an
- Comes with ASUS smart case with an adjustable stand and protective sleeve
- Offers 3-year ASUS rapid replacement warranty.
If you’re looking for an entry level USB powered monitor with no touch screen capability then the Lilliput UM-70 is definitely a monitor to consider. It can be used as your second monitor easily.
Featuring only a 7 inch screen with support for 800×480 pixels it’s definitely a travel monitor as home owners would get annoyed at the sheer size of the screen. Another use could be displaying photos as a wall fixture or in kiosk mode.
Additional features of the UM-70 Lilliput include:
- Aspect ratio of 16:9 and contrast ratio of 250:1
- Screen resolution of 800×480 pixels
- Comes with an LED backlight for enhanced brightness
- Perfect as a travel monitor for work on the move
- Perfect for a spreadsheet, photo, IM client, email or video
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, and Windows XP.
The Hori HD Gaming monitor is marketed as a monitor perfect for gaming however this can also be used as a portable monitor that is powered by USB which is why it makes the list.
The monitor features ultra low-lag and a lightning fast refresh rate. This 15.6 inch LCD monitor is compatible with all consoles as well as PC.
Featuring a premium leatherette built-in protector, a slim profile and weight under three pounds, this monitor fits inside most backpacks and computer bags. Gamers on the go and those looking for a portable second monitor for their laptop, look no further!
Additional features of the Hori HD Gaming monitor include:
- 35.4 x 23.6 x 0.4 inches and only weighs 3 pounds
- 720p LCD monitor (No 1080P unfortunately)
- Built in speakers for gaming
- Auto anti-lag adjustment.
There we have it, some of the best portable USB powered monitors in the market. Checkout the best one for you and then go ahead and purchase. Portable monitors are still a relatively new concept and as we head in 2018, it’s only a matter of time before portable monitors are on the desks of every student and traveling CEO.